4th of July fireworks and events around #MYR (Update: Tomorrow!)
Just a reminder....
The 4th of July is almost upon us and there's plenty going on around the Grand Strand to help you celebrate Independence Day.
You can check a list of fireworks across the area by town in this blog post by MyrtleBeach.com. If you're looking for an event, here are options.
- Conway's Riverfest on Friday and Saturday (which ends in fireworks on Saturday night),
- Legends in Concert 5th Annual Ultimate Elvis Tribute Preliminary Contest on Saturday
- Regular season racing, Wheels of Destruction, and Monster Trucks at the Myrtle Beach Speedway, running July 3 through July 7, 2012. Check out their schedule.
- The Myrtle Beach Pelicans will play the Salem Red Sox night from July 1 through July 3, 2012. Sunday's game begins at 6:05 p.m. Monday's and Tuesday's games begin at 7:05 p.m. There will be fireworks on Sunday and Tuesday.
- Murrells Inlet will host their 29th Annual July 4th Boat Parade beginning at 9 a.m. The best viewing points will be the Marshwalk, Belin Methodist Church, Nance's Restaurant, Captain Poo's Restaurant and the Hot Fish Club. You can read more about the event here.
- Salute from the Shore will begin at 1 p.m. in Little River and conclude at about 1:30 p.m. in Hilton Head. F-16s of the 79th Fighter Squadron “The Flying Tigers”, the last of the armed forces to leave Iraq, of the 20th Fighter Wing stationed at Shaw Air Force Base will conduct this patriotic flyover. From Myrtle Beach to Folly Beach additional vintage military aircraft will join the flyover in an air parade. For more information, have a look at their site or connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.
- Broadway at the Beach is having an Independence Day celebration all week long, you can read more about those activities here.
Locals' tip: Between the hours of 9 and 10 p.m. hit the beach and have a look in either direction. You'll see displays near and far, but avoid the parking nightmares and crowds. Be advised, however, it is unlawful to set off fireworks anywhere in the City of Myrtle Beach, including on the beach.
As we learn about more events, we'll add them here.
Comment and read more
our topic pages and automatically found related coverage.