The Habersham Marketplace is hosting a "Blues and Brews" night during its next First Fridays event on October 7, beginning at 4 p.m.
Accompanying the usual expanded farmer's market, arts, crafts and specialty food vendors, the event will offer live music by blues artist Jeff Norwood and various craft beer offerings.
Blues artist Norwood is a South Carolina native who performs throughout the Southeast and is an approved artist on the South Carolina Arts Commission Artist Roster for Performing Arts in Education and presents programs and workshops on roots music and its origins. He has performed at several notable festivals: The former King Biscuit Blues Festival in Helena, Arkansas, Piccolo Spoleto in Charleston, The Juke Joint Fest in Clarksdale, Mississippi, the former Riverwalk Blues Festival in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and The Sweet Gum Bottom Blues Festival in Greenville, Alabama.
The schedule for the First Friday:
- Expanded Farmer's Market; 4-7 p.m.
- Live Local Music – 4-5:30 p.m.; Jeff Norwood, 6- 9 p.m.
- Kid's activities, including a Jumpin Jaxx bouncer and outdoor games, 5 – 8 p.m.
- Craft brews and specialty food available for purchase from Habersham Marketplace restaurants and regional vendors and distributors, 4 p.m.-until
- The grand opening ceremony for Pearls Before Noon, an antique store featuring affordable antiques, vintage and one-of-a-kind finds, 5:45 p.m.
The Habersham Marketplace is located at 13 Market St. in the Habersham Community, located off of Joe Frazier Road in Beaufort. For more information, visit www.habershammarketplace.com