Image by Flickr user Craig Parada
Welcome to the weekend round-up.
(Update, December 5: The Post and Courier has put together a nice round up of the plethora of Christmas events in the area.)
The Charleston City Paper has produced a nice guide to this weekend's activities that includes buy local events, oyster roasts, live music and more. Go take a look and start planning your fun. They also have a holiday weekend round-up.
We have some more events to add to the mix, so check out the day by day listing below:
Friday, December 4th:
- The 16 Penny Gallery is opening inside of 52.5 Records. It is a great place to score some sweet gig posters.
- Head out to Park Circle for the Alliance for Full Acceptance's holiday party at The Chart.
- For all you booze hounds out there, go to Shine tonight for Firefly's debut of their new Sea Island Rum or get a growler filled for under $10 at The Charleston Beer Exchange.
- Get your von Trapp on at the opening of the Footlight Players' production of The Sound of Music.
Saturday, December 5th:
- Bikers unite for the Second Annual Pub Lunch Ride. Beginning downtown, the group ride will take you all the way to Dunleavy's Pub on Sullivan's Island.
- Downtown Charleston kicks off holiday celebrations today, go take a look at the event calendar for the month of December.
Sunday, December 6th:
- Home Team BBQ on Sullivans Island is hosting the family-oriented Island Fun Block Party.
- Indulge in salty goodness at Guerilla Cuisine's Spam-centric dinner.
That about does it for this week's edition of the weekend round-up.
If you're worried about the weather, don't fret too much as The Post and Courier says weather shouldn't cancel too many events.
Here's hoping you all have a wonderful weekend.