Mixson, a blossoming community in North Charleston’s historic Park Circle district, is thrilled to announce the 2012 dates for the Maker’s Market at Mixson.
Located at 4400 Marblehead Lane, the Market will feature an array of Lowcountry-inspired attractions – food trucks, local brews, live music and wares produced by local artisans – from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. on the first Sunday of each month, beginning on April 1st.
"After the success of the Maker's Market at Mixson last year, we are excited to host the local creative community at Mixson again," said Michael Phillips, chief operating officer of Jamestown. "We look forward to a continued relationship with these talented creators and to supporting the many innovative artists in Charleston."
The Maker’s Market at Mixson will offer a great selection of locally produced items including food, art, stationery, clothing, home goods and jewelry. Showcased artists selling products include:
- Art from Lara Neece of Forest and Fin
- Art from Patch Whisky
- Artisan Tees
- Caleigh Bird’s Sock Monsters
- Caroline Nelson Art
- Ceramic coasters from Melissa McCabe
- Coconut jewelry from Fernanda Sullivan
- Custom designs and made-to-order shirts from Robyn Diamond of Hello Every Wear
- Designer dog leashes from Lauren Shuler
- Hand-drawn illustrations from Tami Boyce
- Handcrafted savvy hair accessory merchant Pretty Little Ditties
- Handmade crocheted towel toppers and cotton dishcloths from Sandy’s Jammin’ Jellies
- Handmade totes, pillows and accessories from Evita Smith
- Holly York art
- Hooks & Toggles handcrafted jewelry
- Ink Meets Paper letterpress
- JG Jewelry & Design by Jen Gaj
- Kiln-fired glass from Keller Lee
- Miriam Leonetti jewelry
- Myla’s Bags by Micheala Phifer
- One-of-a-kind fused glass jewelry from Janelle Wilfong
- Palmetto Fine Arts and Crafts
- Photography from Chuck Keppler
- Rescued treasures from Sassafrass and Twine
- Sweeteeth Chocolate
- Woodwork from Handcrafted LLC
Some of Charleston’s favorite food trucks, including the BBQ Joint, Taco Boy, Hello My Name is BBQ and King of Pops will be serving up their tasty treats throughout the year. Musical entertainment will be provided by such artists as Wire and Wine, Folkgrass, Jordan and Jessica Igoe with Firetage, and Megan Jean and the KFB.