Elderly couple perish in North Charleston house fire

An elderly couple perished from smoke inhalation during a house fire at 7238 Mazyck Road in North Charleston on Tuesday morning.

The North Charleston Fire Department was dispatched to the fire at 8:24 a.m. and the fire was deemed under control just 25 minutes later. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough time to rescue the house's occupants, Roy House, 79, and his wife, Betty, 76.

The Post and Courier has more on yesterday's tragedy along with some photos from the scene.

Filed in